Monday, March 22, 2010

New Recipe Project: Update

One of my goals for this year was to cook at least two new recipes a month.

These are the latest results:

The second recipe of the month for February was Chocolate Chip Pecan Blondies



The first recipe for the month of March was Arroz con Pollo with Apple



I'm still really pleased with this goal.  The food I've made so far has all been quite tasty, and I'm getting the chance to expand my recipe repertoire and my cooking skills.  Plus, I'm having the chance to feed lots of other people.

After I moved into Grandma's and cooking became a bit more of a challenge, I was wondering if this goal would have to die only two months in.  Instead, I got a little bit creative, phoned my mom, and asked if she'd be interested in me cooking dinner at their place twice a month.  Since both of my parents work from home and tend to be fairly busy, and mom has never particularly loved to cook (though let me add that she is a good cook) she jumped at the opportunity, and even volunteered to buy the groceries since I'll be feeding any number of extra people.  Her only stipulation was that she wanted to invite my brothers and their girlfriends to come for the meals from time to time.  In any case, cooking at mom and dad's is how I'll likely be finishing out the new recipe challenge for the year.

0 comments: