Monday, July 06, 2009

The Plan Changed)

The plan when I got home from work was to do some unpacking, cleaning, organizing and putting away while my dinner cooked in the oven.

It was blown out of the water within 15 minutes.

We seem to have the most sensitive smoke detector on the planet. Our dryer sets it off. And tonight, the oven set it off.

So, rather than have to fan the smoke detector every few minutes for the duration of my cooking, I loaded the food into a tupperware container, and headed for mom and dad's house. I borrowed mom's oven, and helped her mix up a batch of banana bread in the meantime.

Then, I came home, ate my dinner, and did some unpacking. I decided to allow myself to be okay with not making major progress tonight. I'll do a bit each night until it's done, and my bedroom is slowly coming together as well.

I followed the unpacking with a yoga video (something new I'm trying to help with the tight and sore muscles I seem to be continually developing from stress), some sit-ups and push-ups.

Then a nice shower.

And now I'm sitting propped on my new bed, planning to catch up on some reading, some emails, and maybe even some writing.

And go to bed early!

The plan changed, and it threw me into a bit of a panic, but it worked out alright in the end. I'm working on being flexible about things like this... On breathing, and letting the changes happen, without them stressing me out. In this case, I'm thankful that I could simply head for mom and dad's to finish cooking my supper, and, that even though things didn't happen in the order I would have preferred, they did work out relatively smoothly.

0 comments: