Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Daily 5 - Day 43

My headache remains persistent, and my muscles are still protesting my very existence, but I am finding several things to list as part of today's daily 5:
  1. Newly painted finger and toe nails. The toes are bright red this week. Last week I painted them emerald green, which I eventually got used to and loved, but for the first 24 hours, I couldn't decide if it was pretty, or if it just looked like I had a really awful fungus!
  2. A quiet evening spent relaxing on the couch.
  3. Time spent digging into scriptures that have been playing over and over in my head, in preparation for some plans on the weekend
  4. A great frittata that my roommate made for dinner. That is how eggs should always be cooked - in such a way that you mostly can't taste (or more importantly, feel the texture of) the eggs. Plus, I got a night off from cooking!
  5. Spending an hour or so sitting in a sunbeam on the "wrong" (the visitor) side of my desk at work this afternoon, perusing promotional catalogs in search of some gift ideas for our volunteers.

0 comments: