Thursday, August 20, 2009

Daily 5 - Day 9

It was another day (though less so than the last three) that made it hard to find joyful and thankful things. So, I pondered rather hard, wondering about some of the challenges of the day, and what there was in them to be thankful for. I came up with a few, and then, because I've had a lovely and relaxing evening, am able to add a few more to round out my daily list of 5.

  1. I am thankful that, on the days when I'm so scattered that I forget to pack food, or that I haven't grocery shopped, I am able to walk to any number of restaurants in a wide variety of ethnicities and styles of food, healthy and not, and feed myself. There are options, and that's something to be thankful for.
  2. I unpacked the last box tonight from moving. There is still sorting and a bit of cleaning to do, but it is nice feeling of accomplishment to know that I could finally mark "unpacking" off my to do list.
  3. I was able to care for myself tonight, and remember that caring for myself looks differently at different times. Sometimes it means stopping all activity. Tonight it meant accomplishing a fairly long list of little items that had been hanging over my head, but doing them at a leisurely and enjoyable pace.
  4. I'm grateful for clean sheets to crawl into on my bed later tonight and clean laundry, and a washer and dryer in my apartment. I'm remembering what it was like when I unexpectedly did not have access to laundry for nearly a month while traveling a while back, and how great it is to have things like fresh sheets every week, and clean clothes when I need them.
  5. Various products from The Body Shop made me smile tonight - a facemask, a shampoo and conditioner I love, my skin-care products and a number of other products that I use almost daily and am grateful for.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments: