Monday, February 08, 2010

Rough Night, Start Again

It's Monday morning.  It's snowing, and quite windy, and the trip to work was cold.

It was a rough night, full of dreams.  Not entirely unexpected given the last several days of processing, or the ongoing thousand miles a minute state my mind is in thanks to all of the transitions around me, but still rough.

I warned my roommate this morning that I was going to be rude - that I'd had a really rough night, and that instead of chatting with her on the way to the bus, and on the bus to downtown the way I usually do, I was going to plug in my ipod immediately.  I needed to create that quiet space this morning - to just listen to scripture and worship music.  Time to think and pray and adjust my headspace a little from the place of frightening dreams, to a place of looking ahead towards the day.

And now, I'm sitting here, sipping tea, and facing the start of another incredibly busy week.  It will be busy at work, and busy at home.  Major work projects need to be out the door by the end of the week.  At home I'm car hunting, hopefully starting to paint, and packing. 

I can do this.

But I'm glad for that little bit of extra quiet space on the bus this morning.  It was needed.

0 comments: