Monday, February 01, 2010

Back in the Office

It's Monday morning, and a bus and a train and a walk later, I'm back in the office.

I've been here for an hour and a half.  I'm already looking forward to being home and back in bed.

Answers to the popular questions:
  • Yes, I'm still sore.
  • Yes, my energy levels are very low.  I generally want to crash by 2 or 3 in the afternoon.  I'm hoping to push through that and work full days.
  • Yes, I'm still taking pain killers, though (as they've always been) they're over the counter ones, and I'm trying to take them a bit less often.
It's also February.  A new month.  A new week.

A month with so much to do.  An aunt coming in from out of town who we only see every several years or so because of the distance.  A car to buy.  Getting comfortable behind the wheel again (I still haven't driven.)  A new room to paint.  A house to pack up and move and then unpack.  A body that definitely needs to recover.  Various wedding planning details to help out with.

This morning, though, I'm trying to just think about the few little things on my desk in front of me.  Because I'm still quite exhausted, everything still makes me cry, and if I think too much about the big picture (even though I'm a big picture kind of person) I feel overwhelmed, anxious, and frozen in time and space.  So this morning is about the little piles that accumulated while I was at home last week, recovering.

And breathe.

Here we go...

0 comments: