Sunday, January 31, 2010

Daily 5 - Day 172

Today's Daily 5:
  1. Making it through the night.  This morning, as dawn came, and I managed to drift off to catch a couple hours of sleep, it felt like a remarkable blessing to have made it through the night.
  2. Mini bananas for breakfast - have you ever eaten these things - they're tasty!
  3. Hanging out with my grandma, aunt, mom, and sister-in-law to be while shopping for dresses for the upcoming wedding.
  4. This afternoon while we were shopping, L. quietly drew me aside, and told me that she and T. had wanted to ask me together, but he is out of town this weekend and my aunt's planned dress shopping trip had tipped their hand, and that they would like me to be a bridesmaid for their wedding, and I wouldn't need to shop for a dress today.  That was a really special moment for me - very healing and affirming in lots of ways I can't quite explain.  It was fun, too, to trade a few texts with T. later in the day, just thanking him for including me as well.
  5. Talking for just a little while this afternoon, a few stolen minutes alone in a car, with my mom, who understands what it is to battle fear and anxiety, and blessed me by simply understanding, without making me feel bad for what I was experiencing, or trying to "fix" me.

0 comments: