Thursday, January 21, 2010

Daily 5 - Day 162

Today's Daily 5:
  1. Eating together as a house group - how fun to share a meal we'd all contributed to, and laugh and talk while enjoying it with some nice wine.
  2. A long conversation with S. a new friend.  It was special for me to have the chance to share some of the story of the challenging last two years of my life to someone who chose to simply listen attentively.  I was really grateful for that actually.
  3. now have replacement glass water bottles for the two original flawed ones.
  4. Thinking about a line from an audio book I've been listening to, a mother speaking to her daughter, "you deserve to love yourself."  Thinking about the conversations similar to that where a dear friend has spoken those things to me.  Realizing that I'm slowly falling in love with life again, and that I'm beginning to feel excited about the person that I've become and am becoming in the midst of these difficult years.
  5. Thankful that in a week that has presented a few health challenges, I've been able to manage a relatively busy schedule without the complete exhaustion and emotional collapse that has sometimes happened.  Yes, I'm exhausted, but I'm hopeful and peaceful.  That is progress.  It's small, but for me, tonight, worth celebrating.

0 comments: