Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Slightly Recovered

I'm doing slightly better than this morning.

Emails and comments from a few friends brought smiles.

The roses that are still hanging in there on my desk helped.

Booking a pre-wedding manicure and pedicure for Saturday helped.

A sandwich for lunch full of this beef filling that my mom makes, and I rarely get these days helped.  (My mom gave me a container of the filling last night.)

Settling into a few tasks at the office helped too.

I'm still tired, still distracted, still feeling a bit overwhelmed by the curve-balls of life.

But I'm doing slightly better.

And for that, I'm thankful.

2 comments:

shallowfrozenwater said...

as a baseball player the best tactic on a curveball is to wait. you've already recognized it for what it is, a curveball, it'll break and you can hammer it at the right time.
sorry about the stupid analogy. i hope it works for you.

Lisa said...

Thanks Ian :) it works for me.