Thursday, January 28, 2010

Daily 5 - Day 169

Today's Daily 5:
  1. Thankful that we'd cooked the last few days, and for various reasons I hadn't eaten the lunches I'd packed.  It means that I got through today without having to cook - something I definitely didn't have the energy to do.
  2. Reading coverage about medical supplies and shortages in Haiti, and the extreme conditions continues to leave me thankful that I live in a country where medical care is easily accessible.  It also leaves me thankful all over again that I was not seriously hurt, and that, even though I've been in quite a bit of pain today, it's been mostly manageable with over the counter painkillers.
  3. Have I mentioned yet that I'm thankful for the doctor who told me I could stay in bed for a couple of days?  Because I didn't even feel like moving until about 11 this morning, and then I was only up for a couple hours before I crashed all over again.
  4. Thankful for my community of online facebook/blog friends.  Some of you have sent notes or left comments on the blog or my facebook wall, and you really have no idea how timely and encouraging those have been today.
  5. Thankful that I will be able to get out of the house for at least a little while tomorrow.  Feeling like I could use the break, and will be glad to go for a short swim, or even just hang out at mom and dad's for a bit.

0 comments: