Saturday, December 05, 2009

Snowy Morning

It's nearly ten am, and I am sitting cross-legged beneath the blankets of my bed, with another thick blanket wrapped around my shoulders. It's cold out there, and the snow is still falling and still drifting.

I made it out of bed long enough to find some breakfast. Necessary so that I could take all of the supplements that are contributing to my return to being a stable human being rather than a frail person with no energy.

I think I'll mostly be staying in today, though I may venture to the mall briefly, and to the grocery store.

Baking, maybe a few creative projects. Some cleaning, time reading and thinking and praying and maybe even writing. Those are the things on the plan for today. Those and things like budgeting, painting my nails (fingers & toes), and perhaps some general organizing.

The wind is absolutely howling around our building, and the winter storm warning remains in effect. Like I said, I don't think I'll be venturing very far.

And yet, on days like this, I feel almost trapped and lonely. I wish for a friend who is stuck inside with me, or just for the ability to drive somewhere by myself for a bit, without having terrible panic at the state of the roads. Days like this make me wonder what I'm going to do with myself over the ten days I have off from work at Christmas. Ten days where my roommate will be out of town and I'll be rattling around the house alone.

I'm sure I'll figure it out. I'm sure I'll figure today out.

One day at a time. That's pretty much what I can manage these days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Days like this make me wonder what I'm going to do with myself over the ten days I have off from work at Christmas."

I have a brilliant solution to THAT problem :-)

While I'm sitting here much like you are - blankets and all (since I feel like it's really, really cold here, too) since it doesn't involve snow and my 'really, really cold is probably about 30 degrees higher than there, you'd probably think it's near balmy!

Besides we'll get more sunny, warm days - and there's nothing better than Disney decked out for Christmas :-)

BTW, my church is hiring...(since we were discussing how CA is so hard to find jobs in! ha ha). Come, stay, relocate, and work right by me :-D

Lisa said...

sigh. so tempting. if I had any money to buy a plane ticket right now, I'd take you up on at least part of that :)

come, stay, relocate and work right by you huh? sounds good. I'll get right on that!

actually, probably even more tempting today. today we have to calculate in the windchill. with the wind blowing, it feels like -30C outside. So gross!

ah well, maybe those ten days off will just have to finally include a cup of tea together over skype? since, you know, I can't quite manage the much better option of getting on a plane!