Saturday, December 05, 2009

Daily 5 - Day 115

Today's Daily 5:
  1. Hanging out with mom for a chunk of the day - it's good that the relationship has been restored enough that on a day when I was feeling lonely and needing a way to escape my house, I could give her a call
  2. Baking in my parent's newly renovated kitchen. Our apartment has literally zero counter space, and I'd forgotten how nice it is to work in a space where you can spread out a bit.
  3. 3 different types of cookies using the same base dough. Cinnamon pinwheels. Golden almond thingys, and coconut macaroons.
  4. I'm thankful for the roast beef dinner my mom fed us - I love to cook but almost never make roast since it takes too long and we get home late, so it's always nice to get it for a change at mom's house.
  5. I'm thankful that I made it safely home tonight, despite the fact that it started snowing again, they don't plow the sidestreets and the deep snow is a bit difficult to navigate on the hilly street I live on.

0 comments: