Thursday, November 05, 2009

Remembering Lessons Learned

I'm trying to remind myself about the lesson I learned from Stan over the summer. The lesson about not postponing joy.

Because I'm tired just thinking about the day ahead of me, and everything in me wants to curl up into a crabby ball and hide from the world.

Work promises to be very busy.

I have a lunch meeting with a complete stranger (draining for an introvert like myself) to talk about church (because that's not a subject that I'm feeling sensitive about these days.)

And then we're having our old roommate over for dinner tonight.

Oh, and somewhere in there I need to fit in 20 minutes of yoga.

It's a day filled with people, and that feels tiring.

But somehow, I'm determined to at least make the attempt to find joy amidst all of that today.

We'll see how it goes!

1 comments:

Tea said...

I know just how you feel! I'm an introvert too and having a day full of people stuff is so draining. I hope it all goes well for you and that you are able to find joy in it! :)