Monday, November 16, 2009

Monday Morning

My day started with a bit of a shock, reading something unexpected on facebook. Not bad, just a surprise - a quotation that hit hard, some deep places that are still very raw. It pulled me into a place of memories, and I'm still feeling a little off balance from beginning my day that way.

My roommate didn't hear her alarm, and I had to wake her, a good 40 minutes after she is usually up and about. Since I am her ride to the train, that means I was running behind as well. We managed to get out of the house only about 10 minutes later than usual.

The work day has already been just a little bit crazy, and it's only an hour old.

The work week is likely to hold some "adventures" and probably some flaring tempers. Things are running behind (due to totally uncontrollable circumstances) and I think people are starting to get stressed.

For now, though, my goal is to get to the end of the day. Tonight I get to meet and cuddle the 2 month old daughter of a good friend. A little girl who was born on Rosh Hashanah and unknowingly gave me hope. I'm looking forward to cuddles with the baby, and catching up and laughing with her mom - hearing all about her new life as mommy. I'll enjoy making dinner for them, and hosting them in my home. I'm choosing to get through this day (looking for joy along the way) and anticipate deep joy tonight.

It's a Monday, but I'm going to get through it somehow.

0 comments: