Monday, November 23, 2009

Daily 5 - Day 103

This has been an incredibly discombobulating day. Work was gross, and is likely to stay that way all week, and maybe well into next week. The dreams from this morning are still lingering. Other thoughts and things read over the day are stirring or rankling just a little.

So, today's daily 5 or so:
  1. I'm thankful that it was not my turn to make supper tonight.
  2. I'm thankful for a yoga workout that helped burn off the stress of the day, and was followed by a hot shower.
  3. I'm thankful that my usual weekly stop at the gas station went way more smoothly this week than last week.
  4. I'm thankful that not all days are like this day was.
  5. I'm thankful that I spent an hour out of the office this morning doing work errands, and left about 20 minutes early today to do another work errand. It was a helpful break in the midst of a terribly difficult day
  6. I'm thankful for internet access in my home, and the ability to communicate with friends scattered around the world with ease.
  7. I'm thankful that not all of the dreams are nearly as disturbing as last nights, and that some are quite beautiful.
  8. I'm thankful for cranberry scented home fragrance oil from The Body Shop.
  9. I'm thankful for friends who pray
  10. I really enjoyed having a banana with peanut butter for breakfast.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh admit it...when I mentioned my 'gourmet' and 'nutritious' breakfast of goldfish crackers your p/b banana breakfast was dull by comparison. Ha ha. (BTW, no p/b to be had in this house...fyi for when you come to visit...bananas, yes!)

And no fear, I did come home and eat properly, once I left work, delivered food to the gparents, etc. Now, off to bed!!

Hugs, me.

Lisa said...

oh, yes, mine dulled by comparison! (peanut allergy??)

(actually, the p/b banana is a step up... usually I have a granola bar of some sort for breakfast, but about once every couple of weeks I pick up some bananas and do that instead!)

glad you got food. hope you slept.

hugs back.