Sunday, September 13, 2009

Daily 5 - Day 33

Today's Daily 5 is mostly a list of things for which I'm grateful today:

  1. I'm thankful for a roommate who listens and understands - who "gets" me and let's me process outloud at times, and then helps to offer perspective
  2. I'm thankful that the stabbing situation that Mom and her cousin and I bumped into in "my" park tonight, didn't happen earlier in the day, when I was alone in the park writing and thinking... I'm also thankful that we were safe as we were walking. (waiting for the news outlets to have more details on this... but the long and short is that there was a strong police presence right where we were walking, and the police helicopter circling, and when we walked down one particular path, there were spatters of fresh blood so we turned around and headed the other direction... a newspaper photographer we talked with briefly on our way back to the car told us that there had been a stabbing)
  3. I'm thankful for new knowledge of family, and a sense of belonging, even in the midst of a new layer of woundedness
  4. I'm thankful for the leftovers that mom sent home with me, that fed me for supper and will also cover my lunch tomorrow.
  5. I'm thankful for quiet, joyful moments at the zoo this morning, watching the baby gorilla play with a blanket and explore a little.

0 comments: