Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sigh

The day is over.

Grey's Anatomy is on.

I'm wearing pjs and curled up on the couch.

Grey's Anatomy, and then bed. Maybe paint my fingernails somewhere in there.

I have a dear friend who regularly reminds me that I am loved, and that, with her at least, I fit. Funny how that helps, even on the days when it can't quite penetrate fully.

One more day of work.

And then some little things that are helping me believe tonight that I'm going to make it.

Words of hope spoken at an event I attended.

A new book, purchased at the event I attended, that I'm looking forward to curling up with. "Bent Hope" it's called.

The promise of a hug tomorrow night from the friend who reminds me so regularly that I am loved.

A plan to spend some time with some kids I love this weekend. I'm still amazed by just how calming and healing the hugs and laughter of children can be.

Time spent with my "baby" brother tonight - the one member of my immediate family with whom I feel totally safe being myself. (And one who has learned much wisdom in suffering. He made a point tonight that will stick with me as I step into this weekend and these next weeks.)

Lunch plans at work with a friend and coworker tomorrow.

Casual Friday - jeans to work.

0 comments: