Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Quick Smile List

Because it's half-way through Wednesday, which means I'm half-way through another week of work. Because it's been the kind of week where before I ever left my house on Monday morning, I thought to myself "I need a weekend". Because I'm tired, but oddly peaceful today, and a quick list of things that make me smile can only contribute to that.




  • dove in flight necklace

  • cooler weather

  • figuring out a way to move an office machine so that an extraordinarily tedious task which will fill most of this week is slightly less tedious, and doesn't involve me standing and running back and forth from my desk all day.

  • an email from a friend

  • satsuma oil and sandlewood oil burning in my bedroom last night

  • good leftovers for lunch today

  • a favorite new purse from the Tibetan shop I love (my roommate surveyed me this morning and commented, "You look very business like and formal until you see your purse." I laughed and reminded her again that I'm embracing my "hippy, bohemian side")

  • mandarin oranges being back in stock at the grocery store

  • five reminder stones sitting on my desk

  • an odd, but somehow peaceful experience this morning

  • time writing on the train

  • books

0 comments: