Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tonight

Tonight has defied expectations.

I was exhausted when I left my office, and less than thrilled for the things I needed to accomplish this evening.

My roommates and I needed groceries. We had a list, and a menu plan, which would make the shopping easier, but I wasn't looking forward to expending the effort that would be required to go to two different stores and purchase the things on our lists.

I restocked on the essentials. You know, fruit, veggies, chocolate. The chocolate was definitely an essential.

It's been a much better evening than I expected it to be.

After groceries, and a quick but good dinner (roast chicken from the grocery store- pre-made, an asian cucumber salad, and green beans, with mango for dessert), I've been curled up in my bedroom.

I went with the no-pressure approach and decided to read a magazine instead of forcing myself into the more intense reading and writing I need to accomplish.

Took a shower, and braided my hair in the hopes of encouraging it to be curly tomorrow.

My bedroom smells like sandlewood and oranges, courtesy of the oil burner sitting near my mirror.

The weather outside has finally cooled off a bit, making Calgary a far more liveable place.

So, I'm sprawled across my bed on my stomach, writing a blog post. In a few minutes I'll finish the article I'm reading in the magazine I bought, and then I'll grab the book I'm reading, and my journal, and finish up a bit of writing I started on the train tonight. I'll eat a bit more chocolate - maybe a chocolate cream oreo or a ferrero rocher. And I'll try for early to bed, in the hopes that tonight will bring more than four hours of rest.

0 comments: