Friday, June 20, 2008

Not Sure What to Say

I'm not actually sure what I want to say to you all right now.

I'm tired.

This has been another one of the hard days. (Though thankfully not quite so hard as others this week.)

I'm tired of the hard days.

My neck and spine ache.

I have a headache. A bad one.

I'm going to see if I can buy an audio Bible tonight. For two reasons. The first is that I've realized I cling to scripture, but I've been too exhausted to read and absorb lately, and I'm hoping that listening will do the trick. The other is that I fall asleep with a book or a sermon on cd playing nearly every night, and I like the idea of scripture playing over me as I try to sleep.

I'm not sure I'll actually buy one. I'm a bit ambivalent about spending the money right now.

I should really attack any number of projects once I get home tonight, but I think I'm going to take a night off. Light some candles, maybe some incense, and curl up in a chair and do something mindless for a while. Maybe lay on my floor and talk with Jesus. Maybe do a bit of reading. Maybe just a bubble bath and then attack the project of beginning to pack for our move. Either way, I need a bit of down time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

go for the CDs... if not now, then sometime. you won't regret it...
s

Lisa said...

bought them.

Anonymous said...

yeah!