Monday, March 24, 2008

Challenging day...

I'm having a rather challenging day.

Not much sleep.

I spent the first couple hours I was awake laying on my couch, and praying. I also spent the first couple hours I was awake working not to toss my cookies.

Mice.

(does anyone know how to arm a mousetrap? the diagrams are less than helpful.)

lack of sleep and mice means that I bought groceries I don't actually need. Like balsamic vinegar. who knew that I bought a bottle of that the last time shopped? (good thing it keeps).

My emotions are all over the place.

I'm trying favorite methods of self-medicating. Except my all-time favorite method (sugar - particularly in chocolate or cake form) isn't available.

So, I went to a bookstore. This time I made it out easy. Only $30, and two titles. One on pilgrimage. One on miracles. Because I could use a few miracles, and know some people who could use some too. And because I know someone who is currently walking the pilgrimage in Spain the other book is about (and it has a foreword and endorsement from Eugene Peterson), and I'm fascinated by pilgrimage.

I'm eating one of my grandma's homemade hot-crossed buns (minus the icing cross). They taste best toasted, with butter (or occasionally cheese) melted on them.

Eventually I'll curl up and write really honestly in a journal.

But for now, a bottle of water, and episode of M*A*S*H* (another favorite form of emotional release for me). Maybe a book, or a bit of a computer game.

Errands with my mom this afternoon.

Rascal Flatts concert with my brothers tonight. I need to laugh. Rascal Flatts put on a great show - and I laughed until my stomach hurt last time. I'm glad for the chance to hang with my brothers.

0 comments: