Monday, March 24, 2008

Awake? and mice?

I'm awake.

After approximately 3 hours of sleep.

Does that even count as enough to be called a "night's sleep"?

Does that even count as awake?

I'm sitting and praying, and hoping to fall back to sleep on my couch.

Also. I have mice. Or at least a mouse. In my house. (bad rhyme - did I mention I only got three hours of sleep?)

I was sitting in my chair in the corner of my bedroom last night, when I noticed movement in my closet. The third time I saw it, there was a mouse attached.

I'm really excited to find myself living somewhere with rodents.

25 years in Calgary, and we've only ever had one mouse (and that was in the garage). Now, I have one in my closet. Fantastic.

As soon as it's not 7:30 am any more, I'll be phoning my dad and asking for mouse traps.

I'm not really any better with dead rodents than live ones.

My roommate - who grew up in Africa and is a bit more used to creepy-crawly things is leaving any minute for a week long road trip.

Which means I get to deal with the mice issue all by myself.

2 comments:

Drew said...

if its any consolation, i have roaches... lots of em. i am having to work to get rid of those. can't stand those creepy crawlies.

i had some mice in one of my rental units recently. there is some food that you can throw down beneath the house, in your crawl space or basement. the mice will eat it and sleep for much much longer than you did last night.

Lisa said...

I live too far north for roaches. That's good. Though I think I'd rather have bugs than mice.

Trouble with throwing poison down in my basement is that I live in said basement suite. So I've bought traps. I'm about to commit rodent homicide. Dead mice are almost as bad as live ones.