Thursday, December 06, 2007

Surviving Thursday

I've hardly eaten today. I don't know exactly what's been going on with my body the last few days, but it's NOT happy with me at the moment. I'm inescapably nauseous just at the moment, and sipping tea and water as if my life depended on it.

I still need to get through three more hours of work, the evening commute, and a haircut before I get to be home for the night. If I can survive the time at work, then I'll make it.

The atmosphere in the office feels heavy again today, and I'm not sure why. There's not the usual things that are connected to that. It's making me more tired (and probably more ill) than usual.

I'll be glad when this week ends.

In the meantime, here are a few things I'm clinging to as things that are making me smile and remember that life is so much more about the things outside the walls of my office building.
  • a fair degree of certainty about a job uncertainty that had been hanging in the balance for several weeks. (more on that another time).
  • a surprise lunch with Kari since the highway was closed to clear up an accident
  • the fact that my siblings and I each decided to purchase our own ticket to a Rascal Flatts concert in March, and make that our Christmas gift to each other - an evening out in March.
  • a haircut scheduled for tonight.
  • a venti passion tea sitting on my desk.
  • a warm polar fleece sweater.
  • that I get to take the bus home tonight instead of the train.

0 comments: