Friday, November 16, 2007

Free and Joyful

My facebook status today reads:

Lisa is feeling free and joyful.

And it's true. A nice change from some of the other days this week.

I taught a Bible study last night, and it went well. So much fun to talk about healing, wholeness, redemption and shalom with the kids who were sitting in my living room.

I'm wearing jeans today - I LOVE wearing jeans to work.

I'm in the midst of praying through a huge decision, and I've received helpful feedback from some friends that has in some ways released my heart to dream more fully and deeply. I think I know which way the decision will go (and it's not the way I would have initially guessed), though I still need to talk to a couple more people, and do a little more praying.

I'm loving the wandering directions my heart has been taking lately - so many things that God is stirring - hopes and plans - dreams and wishes.

I'm loving that I'm feeling free and able to dream again - that my heart is being stirred once more.

I wrote an email this morning that will hopefully lead to being approved by my church as a short-term missionary (allowing me to raise some financial support for my upcoming trip), and another email to schedule a time to share on a Sunday morning about my plans with the congregation.

Have I mentioned that in just over two months I'm going to Malta - for a month? To pray and facilitate a prayer room for others. To be with dear friends? So excited about this and the major step of freedom that it is.

I loved the brief moments when the sunrise painted the sky this morning as I walked to the train.

I'm thankful for the friends who remind me on a daily basis that I am never alone - that I journey with Jesus, and with a community of people (however scattered across the nation and the world) who love Jesus and love me.

I'm feeling free and joyful today, and I'm so thankful for that.

2 comments:

Faye said...

Crazy sweet peaches. Dreaming new dreams with God is fun. Where's Malta?

Lisa said...

almost dead centre in the middle of the Mediteranean... look near Italy and Sicily... the apostle Paul was also shipwrecked there once upon a time...