Monday, June 13, 2011

Daily 5 - Year 2, Day 301

Today's Daily 5:
  1. an unexpected and grace-filled late night conversation last night
  2. laughing over a Garfield cartoon
  3. catching and killing the mosquito that somehow got into my bedroom BEFORE I feel asleep and got eaten by it
  4. a chuckle over this blog post
  5. a morning walk, and the corner store having the item I needed to finish baking
  6. the smell of banana bread baking, as it fills the house
  7. baby N's giggles
  8. recognizing healing
  9. encouraging conversation
  10. the beginning of an impromptu project
  11. the joy that I find in watching friends and family eat and enjoy something I've prepared
  12. "redemption comes in strange places, small spaces"
  13. laughing over kid's Sunday school songs stuck in my head ("Life without Jesus is like a donut, like a donut, like a donut.  Life without Jesus is like a donut, 'cause there's a hole in the middle of your heart."  "Hip hip hip hippopotamus, hip hip hooray God made all of us..." "Have patience, have patience, don't be in such a hurry..."  "I've got a river of life flowing out of me, makes the lame to walk and the blind to see..." and any number of Psalty and/or GT and the Halo Express tunes were floating through my head)
  14. jello
  15. the blessing of online friends

0 comments: