Saturday, January 01, 2011

Daily 5 - Year 2, Day 139

Today's Daily 5:
  1. sleeping in after staying up late to greet the new year
  2. reading, writing, thinking, praying and reflecting on the new year ahead
  3. wearing my cozy scarf purchased in the LA garment district
  4. Chinese take out
  5. the funny scene of watching immigrants from two very different cultures (an employer and employee) try to communicate using their common language (English, which neither spoke well).  I shouldn't laugh, but it was one of those cross cultural moments that really was quite humorous to witness (even with sympathy for the language barrier.)
  6. choosing one word for 2011
  7. snarking, plotting, and laughing by email
  8. baby corn.  little know fact - I LOVE those tiny little baby corns.  I've been know to eat a whole can of them as a snack.
  9. magic bags (kept me cozy warm in the basement while I wrote and thought and prayed all afternoon)
  10. meat.  just meat.  I know, I know, it's better for the environment if I eat less of the stuff.  But I really like it.  and I don't eat it every meal or anything.  but sometimes it's just so satisfying.
  11. green grapes
  12. fortune cookies (where can I buy these?  I would like to eat them way more often.)
  13. a bubble bath
  14. finishing a novel (Hooray for already having a book on my reading completed list for 2011!  Who cares if I read most of it in 2010?  It was a novel about a little boy in Afghanistan and quite good.)
  15. printing things out and getting ready for the one word scrapbooking class.

0 comments: