Monday, December 06, 2010

Reverb 10: Day 6 - Made

Today's Reverb 10 prompt:

December 6 – Make.

What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it?
(Author: Gretchen Rubin)

Well, if microwaving some dinner counts, then the last thing I made was a delicious bowl of Italian Wedding Soup.

Prior to that I made a bed at mom and dad's that I hadn't made when I crawled out of it this morning.

And prior to that I made a "to do" list for the time once work ended, and before bedtime came.

But, if we're talking about things that actually require crafting something by hand, the last thing I made was a set of Jesse Tree ornaments to help mark the days of Advent.

I used these printables that were made available at Ann Voskamp's beautiful blog.

I spent two evenings at the very end of November sitting on my bedroom floor, with a dvd playing in the background, and scraps from various scrapbook projects spread out on the floor around me.

Colorful paper.

Varying fibres and embellishments.

Buttons.  I used quite a few buttons.  Some purchased for scrapbooking, some recycled from other projects or pieces of clothing.

Many of the bits and pieces were things that had been sitting in boxes of supplies for ages, now finding a use in a way to mark off the days of Advent.

The countdown to the birth of a Savior. 

A good reason to spend some creativity, and to give old things a new purpose.

~~~

As a side note, today's prompt was written by Gretchen Rubin, and I just recently finished her book, The Happiness Project, and loved it.  It was a truly unique combination of memoir and self-help book, and well worth the read.

0 comments: