Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Reverb 10: Day 28 - Achieve

Today's Reverb 10 Prompt:

December 28 – Achieve

What’s the thing you most want to achieve next year? How do you imagine you’ll feel when you get it? Free? Happy? Complete? Blissful? Write that feeling down. Then, brainstorm 10 things you can do, or 10 new thoughts you can think, in order to experience that feeling today.

(Author: Tara Sophia Mohr)

I'm not a big achievement driven person.  At all.  In fact, I'm quite possibly the least motivated by competition, winning, and achievement person that you'll ever meet.

It's why I generally hate games. (Among other things, anyway.)  I just don't care about the outcome.

That said, when I read this prompt, an answer immediately sprang to mind.

The thing I would most like to achieve in 2011 is to be admitted to nursing school.

That will hopefully happen either in the first week of 2011 (possibly requiring a miracle), or it will possibly happen in September.

I don't know, honestly, what I'll feel, when that happens, other than perhaps relief and joy.  And maybe some excitement.

And that combination of feelings, well, it's not one I really want to experience today, or every day, so the part of this prompt that suggested I brainstorm ways to replicate that feeling (can you replicate something that hasn't happened yet?) is the part of the prompt that I am going to ignore.

0 comments: