Friday, October 29, 2010

Pajama Day

After the slightly rough start to my morning I decided to emerge from bed.

It turned out that simply giving myself permission to stay in bed was all I needed, and when I spotted the sunshine, a new plan formed.

The other day Hope made a comment in a blog post about liking to clean in her pajamas.

This morning, as I pondered the day ahead of me, I remembered that comment and inspiration hit.

I declared it a pajama day.

I made a list of things that either could or should be done today - some household stuff, and a lot of self-care stuff, and decided that I would do some or all of it, but that I was not changing out of my pajamas.

I recommend this as a way to spend a day.

And, to be honest, I didn't do much on my list.  Mostly I rested.  I got up and did a few things here and there, but mostly, escapist television, and tea and resting.

And I recommend it as a way to spend a day.

I needed this day.

A pajama day.

And I plan to continue resting, watching escapist television, and maybe doing a few little tasks here and there through the evening.

Oh, and praying.  I have some time set aside later to pray for some specific people, events and things.

It's been a good day.  (And it's been a while since I could say that, so it's really nice to say it today.)

2 comments:

Tea said...

Yeah, a good pajama day sounds really nice. Sometimes I feel most productive when I get up and get straight to the tasks around the house (in my pajamas). I get so much done! Somehow when I stop to get myself ready first, I get all distracted...

I'm glad you had a good day! That's great! :)

Lisa said...

Thanks Tea! :)