Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Daily 5 - Year 2, Day 37

Today's Daily 5:
  1. sending an important email
  2. clearing airport security smoothly 3 times today (for a total of 5 uneventful passages this trip - very unusual since for a long time I always seemed to get flagged or selected for "random" searches)
  3. clearly customs smoothly both times this trip as well
  4. hugs from a friend who sees through the tears and the mess and really loves me
  5. looking forward to season premieres of favorite shows on tv later this week
  6. looking forward to seeing the house church people again
  7. free wi-fi in airports
  8. rocking chairs in the airport waiting area
  9. a row to myself, or an empty seat next to me on all four flights this trip
  10. window seats - so good!
  11. mint gum (mint should, by the way, only be in gum and toothpaste - with the possible exception of the Moroccan mint tea I was introduced to this trip)
  12. memories to hold onto in harder days to come that bring instant smiles
  13. watching (and or dozing) through Chariots of Fire on one of my flights today.  "When I run I feel God's pleasure".  Something to ponder again in the coming days
  14. laughing and realizing you're in a multi-ethnic city when customer service on your airplane is available in French, English, Swahili, and Hindi
  15. viewing the moon from the plane window on my final flight
  16. being met at the airport curb by a smiling face
  17. the laughter that will ensue every time I hear or think the phrase "palm trees"
  18. randomly connecting with a friend from home who also had a long layover in the same airport I did, and spending the afternoon with her
  19. bottled water (a godsend after spending all day in dry planes and airports)
  20. eating a yummy croissant
  21. laughing as I pause to consider that this is the first list I've written in a week without my "peanut gallery" sitting across the room from me, lingering on the laughter as we composed lists and the peanut gallery then added her two cents, and wondering what sorts of comments will come in the future!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss doing the list exercise and smirking as you'd read my comments in the comments or as you'd add something to the list but make me wait to see it until it posted.

The palm trees hope you're coming back for a visit soon :-)

Anonymous said...

22. a trip filled with lots and lots of laughter and fun
23. knowing there's still the SD Zoo's other park you haven't seen and need to explore (chock full of more gorillas!)
24. knowing there's still Disneyland's other park you haven't gotten to explore
25. knowing there's a guest bedroom available for when you want to return

Lisa said...

ooo... I like your additions.. I might need you to remind me of several of those as things to hang onto and look forward to in the coming days.

Lisa said...

p.s. I miss doing this exercise with you and the grinning and smirking too... We'll totally have to do it randomly by phone or Skype sometime!

Anonymous said...

The p.s. works for me :-)

Or, better yet, come back!

Lisa said...

well... the p.s. it is, until I can figure out how to come back :)