Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Daily 5 - Day 360

Today's Daily 5:
  1. 360 days... one year is so close now!
  2. had a relatively productive day for a Monday
  3. still really thankful that I was able to take the full weekend off from school work for a change.  it really helped preserve my sanity.
  4. I went to a totally "old school" church bridal shower tonight (complete with gifts wrapped in tea towels!) and was one of probably three people (including the bride) in the room under the age of 40 (I'd guess the average age was more like 70!), and had a really good time anyway.
  5. Laughing with my friend (the bride to be) who gave me a ride home.
  6. Being told (after explaining some of what's been going on in my life and wryly commenting that I was finding some of it very cliche and that feeling cliche was making me grumpy!) in a very amused voice, "Lisa, you're many things, but cliche is absolutely not one of them!"  Oh I laughed at my friend's response
  7. Honest conversation, in a dark car, about all the stuff that's been going on in each of our lives in a season that my friend aptly termed "a grape-crushing season"
  8. being able to just listen as a different friend shared a bit about some new and very big challenges her family is facing
  9. Italian chicken at supper
  10. still enjoying sleeping in my own bed for a number of nights in a row (even when I don't love the place my own bed is located these days)

0 comments: