Monday, June 14, 2010

Happy Thoughts

My heart is joyful this morning, and I'm thinking about and reveling in simple pleasures.

Things like:
  • wearing clean pajamas, and sleeping in my own bed, with my own pillows, after nearly a month away.  I may not like my living situation at all right now, but it was so nice to be in my own bed.
  • being thankful for a peaceful night's sleep
  • the simple comfort of a basic white t-shirt and blue jeans
  • feet that don't hurt because I actually sprung for decent walking shoes
  • setting up a space to study in my parent's basement.  they offered me a desk in a well-lit corner and I gladly accepted.
  • seeing friends step up to meet some specific needs - really trying to serve.
  • catching the bus just on time
  • the smell of freshly cut grass (even if I am totally allergic to it, and it makes me sneeze - it just smells lovely)
  • doing laundry at mom and dad's house in their high efficiency machines, and knowing that no one is looking over my shoulder to see how long it takes, or how quickly I transfer it from the washer to the dryer, or how much water I used
  • tea
  • quotes on a couple of calendars I pulled out this morning that made me smile hugely
  • falling asleep last night with great worship and preaching from a favorite church (broadcast via the internet) playing over me
  • waking early to make a necessary phone call, and then drifting back to sleep for an hour or two more of dozy rest
  • kit-kat bars
  • this incredible feeling of open doors in front of me, as today I embark on a whole new adventure starting today.  As I dive into studying and new dreams.
And with that, I have a to do list to write, a study schedule to create, and much to accomplish today!

0 comments: