Wednesday, April 21, 2010

5 Years

Five years ago today, I wrote my very first blog post.  It was a slow start.

I opened a blogger account because a good friend of mine was in Sri Lanka, working for Samaritans' Purse, doing water relief work following the tsunami.  (As a side note, it's hard to believe that it's been over five years since that boxing day Tsunami, as well.)  He had a blog, and I couldn't comment on it without a blogger account of my own.

So I opened an account.

And the rest, as they say, is history.

In five years I've written 2989 posts.  That's the equivalent of showing up here 1.6 times a day, every day, for the last five years.

I've chronicled a journey beginning in the worst months of depression, through the moment of sudden healing.  I've written about life and faith and family and friends and shoes.

I've travelled a bit, and dreamed a lot.

I've shed a lot of tears.

And I've even made some friends out there in the blogging world.  One of them I even got to meet in person last year.

I'm thankful for this record of my life that has developed, and for each of you who have stopped in to say hi, or share your opinions, or journey with me.

Here's to another 5 years!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully by your 6th year you will have met another of your blogging friends in person...in one CA or the other ;-)

Hugs, friend!

Lisa said...

Most definitely we need to work on that :)

renee said...

huzzah! congrats! I'm so glad you're "out there" - but it feels more like "in here" most of the time. :)

i'm so glad you're writing.

i wish i could take you somewhere for lunch or something.

and, wow, 250 days of thankful posts? I bow in awe....

Lisa said...

Ah Renee, your comment made me smile!

and we'll have to do lunch... as my friend above hinted, there is potentially a trip to your part of California in my plans sometime in the next year. If and when that happens, we will most definitely have to do lunch!