Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Dance

The spring weather, and something about this particular day, about the atmosphere I'm sensing is making me want to dance.

Except I'm a terrible dancer, and horribly self-concious, so I just kind of dance inside, with a smile on my face.

I was thinking about dancing last week at the conference I was at.

There was definitely a lot of dancing going on.

But even there, busting loose is harder than it looks to achieve.

Unless you're holding a baby.  I think something about my conservative upbringing made it totally okay to dance and be silly if you're holding a baby, or the hands of a toddler perhaps.  Because then you're not just dancing for your enjoyment, you're spreading the wealth.

I have a favorite memory of being at a conference with Jason Upton, and he began playing a song he'd written for his children.  A fun song, designed to make you just wanna hop up and move around a little. 

I was sitting on the floor at the back of the room, with three little kids all around me.

It's a memory I cherish, dancing and singing with them in the back of the church.  3 special kids that I love.

I was thinking about that today as happy music played, and the sun crept through my office window, and something in the atmosphere made me want to dance.

0 comments: