Monday, March 22, 2010

Back in the Office

It's Monday morning, and I'm back in the office.

I'm wishing I could be curled up someplace warm, instead, near a fireplace, and spend the day writing and processing.  There's a lot shifting within me, and I'm wishing I had the time to really entertain that, to sit with it and honor it.  But this week is the busiest one on my schedule in probably the last year.

I forgot that our receptionist has the day off today, so I'm doing double duty.  My job and hers. 

And it's Monday morning, and all the calls that were stored up over the weekend are coming in.

If I can steal a few moments to write, I will.

I'll sit quietly on the bus tonight.  I'm taking two buses to get home tonight - it'll take a long time, really, but I wanted to give myself that time and space.  I needed to grocery shop after work, and there is a bus stop just outside the grocery store.  So I'll sit and listen and read as I take the bus for a few hours to get home.

In the meantime, I was just tasked to make a large number of phone calls, trying to track down people who are elusive at best, and get them to commit to two conference calls within the next week.  This, in addition to answering the phones all day, and my general duties.

It'll be an interesting day, it seems.

0 comments: