Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day Interrupted

There are several people out of the office sick today.  Including our receptionist.

That means the phone calls and client drop-ins, and deliveries are MY problem today.

Day interrupted.

I'm getting NOTHING done because I'm being interrupted by a phone call every other minute.

Plus, with several others out, it's hard to track down someone to actually put the calls through to. 

It hasn't been that long since I was the receptionist, but answering the phones and tracking down someone to take the calls was the part of my job that I liked the least then, too.

It is feeling like an incredibly unproductive day.

But hey, it's nearly lunch time, and someone else will answer for an hour or so while I eat, and then there's less than half of the day remaining!

0 comments: