Sunday, January 10, 2010

Daily 5 - Day 151

A palindrome daily 5 day on a fun palindrome date. 

Today's Daily 5:
  1. Slow morning.  Emphasis on slow.  Think I crawled out of bed and headed for the shower maybe around 9:30 or so.
  2. A fun moment this morning in which I inadvertently got to see a dear friend do some unplanned sharing at her church on the other side of the country.  I hadn't planned to tune into the webcast, she hadn't planned to share her heart, but I tuned in just in time to see, and I was thankful to get to share that moment.
  3. House church gathering this afternoon.  I'm glad I went, though I can't say I picked up information I didn't already know about the issue of human trafficking.  It was a challenge, since almost no one from the house group I've been attending was there, meaning I spent several hours interacting almost entirely with people I'd never met before.  That was exhausting, but I'm glad I went if for no other reason than that I know the next monthly gathering will be that much easier to attend because I've braved it once already.
  4. Found a new cookbook of 30 minutes suppers from America's Test Kitchen at the health food store today.  I bought one of their books of 30 minutes suppers in the spring, and we've really liked almost everything in it that we've cooked, so when I saw a new one today for only $9, I of course had to buy it - especially given my goal of trying new recipes at least twice a month this year.
  5. feeling really pretty today in a new top and jeans purchased yesterday.
  6. my hair actually behaved and was beautifully curly today!  I love it when that happens
  7. I actually really have enjoyed reading the free monthly magazine from the local organic/vitamin store where I stock up on all my supplements.  Never thought I'd be excited about a magazine dealing with natural health, but I've become rather interested in the quest to get healthy again.  Plus, it's had some good recipes in it that I want to try.  In any case, I was thrilled to find a new issue while I was there today.
  8. I got kind of lost driving home from the house church gathering (I had good directions to get me there, but got a bit turned around leaving in the dark, especially since the neighborhood is one that is particularly unfamiliar to me.)  Getting lost wasn't a big deal tonight, though, since I was singing rather loudly along with a Jesus Culture worship CD.  It was nice to be driving alone in George and just unashamedly worship as I drove myself home from a time of being with other believers.
  9. Fresh baked banana bread ready for tomorrow
  10. Loving some skin care products from the Body Shop that I've been using for a while now.  My skin looks better than it has in a long time.

0 comments: