Sunday, January 17, 2010

2009 Reading List

As I've done in previous years, I'm moving the reading list from the recently ended year out of my sidebar and into a blog post where I can refer to it in the future. 


I finished my first book of 2010 tonight (even if I did read a fairly large portion of it in 2009 - I count it for the year it's finished in), and that means it is time for the annual migration of old list to a post, and new list into place in the sidebar.


I use this list as a way of tracking my goal of reading/finishing (or listening to the unabridged version) of at least 1 non-fiction book a month.  I made the goal last year, and feel like I'm off to a decent start for this year.

2009 Reading Completed (Most Recent First)

  • Awed to Heaven, Rooted in Earth: Prayers of Walter Bruggemann
  • Bent Hope: A Street Journal (Tim Huff)
  • Sin Boldly: A Field Guide for Grace (Cathleen Falsani)
  • A Million Miles in a Thousand Years: What I Learned While Editing My Life (Donald Miller)
  • Julie & Julia (Julie Powell)
  • Plan B: Further Thoughts on Faith (Anne Lamott)
  • Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life (Anne Lamott)
  • Angry Conversations with God (Audio Version - Susan E. Isaacs)
  • Angry Conversations with God: A Snarky but Authentic Spiritual Memoir (Susan E. Isaacs)
  • Laughing Without An Accent (Audio Version - Firoozeh Dumas)
  • Funny in Farsi (Audio Version - Firoozeh Dumas)
  • Take This Bread: A Radical Conversion (Sara Miles)
  • Places Along the Way (Martin E. Marty)
  • Journeying Through Lent with Luke (Nancy Koester)
  • The Year of Living Biblically (Audio Version - A.J. Jacobs)
  • Between the Dreaming & The Coming True (Robert Benson)

0 comments: