Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

Some of you know that I hold dual Canadian/American citizenship. It's Thanksgiving in the states today, and I'm claiming rights as an American and declaring a day of thanksgiving for myself as well.

The quote for the day on the calendar on my desk this morning seemed appropriate. It read:
"Know that gratitude for God's benefits is one of the riches of the soul, and that ingratitude dries up the fountain of divine graces. Give your tribute of gratitude often to the most loving Jesus." (Saint Frances Xavier Cabrini)

This morning was one of the rare moments when I was the first one to arrive at our office. On those mornings I usually spend a few minutes walking the hallways, the perimeter of the floor, and praying aloud for the day and for the company. I like those days. I don't know if it's just the place my heart starts the day in, or if the prayers truly do shift things in the building, but those days do have a tendency to be just a bit smoother.

I'm also extremely grateful to report that for the first time in probably 3 months or so, I slept for about 6 straight hours last night, and without disturbing dreams. Since that is such a rare occurrence in my life, it's worth celebrating.

It's a new day, and I'm going to choose thankfulness today.

0 comments: