Friday, October 23, 2009

A Lovely Prayer

Just at this moment I'm feeling exhausted. Not defeated, exactly, but spent. Working not to dread the draws on my energy that remain ahead of me. Trying to aim for rest and joy and peace.

I read this prayer on the calendar that sits on my desk (a gift from a dear friend that somehow manages to nearly daily challenge or encourage me), and just for a moment, my spirit cried out in agreement:

O my God, fill my soul with holy joy, courage, and strength to serve you. Enkindle your love in me, and then walk with me along the next stretch of road before me. I do not see very far ahead, but when I have arrived where the horizon now closes down, a new prospect will open before me, and I shall meet with peace.
(Saint Teresa Benedicta of the Cross - Edith Stein)

0 comments: