Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Variety of Quotes

There have been a variety of quotes stacking up in my inboxes, or in notes I've jotted to myself the last few days, all of which have hit my heart quite hard, and I'm feeling compelled to share at least a few here this morning.

This one, from an email I received, struck a chord, as I have been in the midst of so much relational upheaval, and finding both trust and the need to not lash out (I haven't been successful) a very challenging thing:

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none." (William Shakespeare)

This next one appeared yesterday on the calendar that sits on my desk. It didn't hit me quite so hard at the time, but as I revisited it this morning, it struck, as I've wrestled with what it means to love and bless, even when my heart is not in it:

"Did the Lord Jesus choose? Did he not offer his arms wide open to the nails of the cross so that no one might be excluded from his love, be that person the most selfish and most ungrateful of human beings. ... The Lord Jesus suffered and died for all. In the name of his love, all, without exception, have a right to your love." (Little Sister Magdeleine of Jesus)

0 comments: