Thursday, July 09, 2009

A few headlines...

More thoughts to come later today, but for now, these two headlines caught my attention this morning...

This story made me chuckle. I like a person who leverages what he knows and does well to get the sort of response and customer service he should have received in the first place.

This story just made me sad. I have an aunt who worked for years in a methadone clinic. And I'm sad that Calgary, which obviously badly needs this facility can't seem to reconcile it. And that the neighborhood is reacting so poorly. As one commenter on the article put it, "Don’t they say that the measure of a society is how the treat those members that are the least fortunate? The users of this clinic need the help that was going to be offered there, but I guess that won’t happen now."

0 comments: