Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Discombobulated Prayers

I'm rather discombobulated this morning.

It's been a very odd couple of days, and this morning, in the midst of my distraction and discombobulation, my heart is being driven to prayer.

Today I'm praying for:
  • a family on the other side of the world who are facing some unique challenges at the moment, and grieving the loss of a friend
  • a family here in the city, whose youngest son is facing some significant health challenges again
  • a very dear friend who is facing some rather sudden and serious health challenges this week
  • peace to come in the midst of many unsettled situations
  • joy and rest and healing
  • friends preparing to travel
  • and others who are crying out for Jesus to meet with them and bring clear next steps
  • the coming of the kingdom in a myriad of large and small ways
  • the eyes to recognized the coming of the kingdom
  • my parents as they seek to encourage, minister, and strengthen and re-establish relationships with those they love in West Africa
  • simple provisions
  • eyes that see, ears that hear, and a heart that understands
  • (and a mind that is willing to allow for eyes that see, ears that hear, and a heart that understands)
  • so many to know the deep love of Christ
  • an ability to accept that deep love deeply within myself

It's been a distracted several days. I forgot to bring vitamins with me this morning (and will have to take all of them at supper instead), and breakfast too (though thankfully I keep food in my desk for just such a discombobulated day.) I sliced open my left ring finger while cooking dinner last night (thankfully not too seriously). My heart feels scattered, and is waiting for news on so many fronts, and yet, it is bursting into prayer.

0 comments: