Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sunday Morning Hanging at Home

I was hoping (for the third weekend in a row) to go to the zoo this morning. But, I'm waiting for an internet tech support guy to show up at my house. He's coming between the very specific time slot of 8 am and 5 pm. And he'll be calling with only fifteen minutes notice to tell me he's coming. I can't get home from the zoo in fifteen minutes.

So, I'm hanging out at home this morning.

I'll be making a quick run to the mall eventually to pick up a couple of things I forgot to get yesterday. I can get home from the mall in 15 minutes.

And I'll be heading to my parent's house for lunch a bit later. Mom is having her usual pre-travel "I must gather all my children around me" moment. And I can get home from their house in 15 minutes too.

In the meantime, I think I'm going to read. I haven't been doing much reading lately. It's been hard to focus and my attention span has definitely suffered through this last year of health struggles. But I kind of feeling like reading this morning, so, for a while at least, until the mall opens and I can head out to do my necessary errand, I think I'll read.

And, I think I'll treat myself to starbucks at the mall. I'd like a cup of iced passion tea lemonade to curl up with while I read.

0 comments: