Friday, December 05, 2008

Friday Night Bullet Points

Random Friday Night Musings:
  • I'm wearing a favorite pair of navy blue sweats. They are a hand-me-down from my best friend, during one of her recent moves, and I've worn them around the house, and occasionally as pajamas ever since. I've been missing her a lot lately (what with her being on the other side of the world in an unstable country and all) and it brings a smile to my face to curl up for a quiet Friday evening in her sweat pants.
  • Last night I got a couple of hugs from a very dear friend. I'd been looking forward to them for a few weeks, and it was so nice to get them. Even though our time together was short, I was so glad we got even the few minutes we had.
  • I bought myself a single red rose today. It's sitting in a bud vase on my dressing table, reminding me of many special moments from this year.
  • I read a passage in a book tonight that made me laugh. Mostly because the author made a point that a friend of mine has been trying to make to me for at least a couple of months.
  • I think I'll start my Christmas shopping tomorrow.
  • And put up the Christmas tree.
  • I think I'll write a blog post in the next few days with the title "Why I Watch Grey's Anatomy"
  • I'm curled up on my couch, enjoying a quiet Friday evening at home. This is definitely my favorite way to spend a Friday evening.
  • I'm still loving the scents of Frankincense and Myrrh. Oddly seasonal, and yet just odd. Burial spices.
  • I'm still reading Jeremiah. Stuck in chapter 31 at the moment, reading it over and over.
  • I'm thinking about a Lauren Winner quote in regards to fasting. "Fasting reminds us that our truest hunger is for God."
And that, I think is pretty much it for my Friday night random musings. I'm off to read a bit, and watch a movie or something in bed.

0 comments: