Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Random Wednesday Thoughts

I went to bed about an hour and half earlier than normal last night, because I was falling asleep on the couch, watching an episode of the West Wing on dvd. I thought perhaps going to bed early would allow me to catch up on the sleep I so rarely get. Nope. Woke up earlier, and more often. But, I am feeling slightly more rested than other days this week.

Just as a random thought, the flight I’m taking on Friday will be the first time I’ve ever flown domestically. I’ve flown internationally quite a number of times, but I’ve never made a domestic flight. How weird is that?

I’m wearing a sapphire in my nose today. Sparkly, rich, deep blue, whenever I care to glance down. I’m definitely liking the sapphire, though maybe not quite as much as I liked the emerald I wore yesterday.

My spine is really painful today. I feel a bit like a hunch-back. Like there’s a lump right in the middle of it, all twisted around, and it aches. I’ve tried stretching, and sitting differently, but so far, it’s not helping. I guess I’ll put a heat pack on it tonight when I get home and see if that does the trick.

I’m thinking about pine needles a lot lately. Finding little object lessons in them. I’ll write some of those down at some point.

I’m wearing knee-socks today. With my skirt. Can I just say that my outfit would be cuter without the knee socks? But, it’s not quite warm enough to just walk with bare legs, so I have knee socks on. Black ones, that are not obviously knee socks. They could, in fact, be tights. (But take my word for it – they’re not tights).

I have really yummy leftovers for lunch today. I brought them yesterday, but ended up skipping lunch because I was feeling far too ill to eat. So, today I’m eating strips of sirloin beef, cooked in a balsamic vinaigrette, and roasted herbed baby potatoes.

0 comments: