Monday, May 26, 2008

Collecting Moments

I find myself in need of a collection of moments tonight, times from the weekend that were good, moments where I was able to deeply rest in the love of God. Things that made me smile. I need the reminders tonight.

  • listening to my brother, T. lead worship... hearing his heart as he shared and directed our hearts towards the Father
  • hearing a woman who has been a missionary in West Africa for 35 years speak with deep love for that country, and for the people there
  • about a year ago a young woman I know announced that she was pregnant. several months later she married the father. On Sunday I cuddled her 4 month old daughter for the first time, and she is a beautiful miracle. I had seen the baby before, but I'd been ill, and unable to gather her to myself. Yesterday I held her and smiled as she wiggled and smiled back at me.
  • seeing deer in the park on Friday night
  • rain running down my face

0 comments: