Monday, May 26, 2008

Arguing with Insurance Companies

I promise a longer post sometime later today, or tonight, telling you a bit about my weekend. It was mostly (with the exception of the car accident, and some brief panic at the possible costs of the car accident) a quiet and good weekend.

However, I am dealing with insurance companies far too much lately.

I am fighting with our health-care insurance provider in regards to a claim I made well over a month ago to pay for an eye exam and for a portion of my new glasses. It’s not going well. We’re arguing about whether or not I sent the correct “original” receipt for the eye exam. (I did.) After much arguing, and not returning my phone calls, they have seen fit to put a cheque in the mail for the amount for the glasses, but are still hesitating on paying for the eye exam. Apparently the gentleman I spoke with this morning will “look into it and call me back.” (I’ve heard that before.) My boss assures me that if this is not straightened out, there are people we can get involved to make it go more smoothly next time

I’m also waiting for a phone call from an adjuster from my roommate’s insurance company. It was my roommate’s car that I was driving when I had the accident. I’ll get to over the whole situation in all the “gory” (it wasn’t gory) details. I’ll answer annoying questions about whether or not I’d consumed drugs or alcohol, and was I talking on my cell phone at the time? And then, I’ll pay for the inevitable increase in my roommate’s insurance premium.

This is an eye-rolling sort of day. A “I got slightly rude on the phone with the English is not his first language” insurance company guy day.

Perhaps I should qualify my current frustration and say that I understand that not all insurance companies are such a royal pain in the behind. In fact, I work for an insurance company…

Here’s to hoping it can only go up from here!

0 comments: