Friday, May 16, 2008

Angry

I just sent a longtime friend of mine the following email:

So, you remember all of those times you tried to convince me to admit that I was angry at God? I'm there. Now what?

Lisa

The trouble with growing up in a relatively conservative church that doesn't necessarily encourage you to express negative emotions is this: When you have those negative emotions, and finally get around to admitting that you have them, you have no idea what to do with them, but you're fairly certain that you'll get hit by a lightning bolt from heaven if you express them.

This is not easy to figure out.

2 comments:

Drew said...

it is good to hear that you are angry at God. do you know that He knows that?

Lisa said...

I do know that he knows that. It's the ultimate human thinking... "I know that he knows, but maybe if I don't tell him he won't know..."

the anger is slowly passing... he and I have had some long conversations...