Monday, November 05, 2007

Monday (again)

It’s Monday again.

I’m listening to U2. “…sometimes you can’t make it on your own…” Feeling the deep truths in those words this morning.

I’m chewing gum – trident mint in the dark blue package.

(little known fact – I can’t stand mint flavor in anything except gum and toothpaste.)

My nose is itchy. They say that means that it is beginning to heal.

The itchy nose is stretching my self-discipline. The guy who pierced it lectured me about how our fingers and hands are very dirty – teeming with bacteria and so forth. “Don’t touch the piercing – that’s how you get infections!” So I’m sitting her, crinkling my nose every so often, hoping to relieve the occasional itches in that fashion.

The day after I got the piercing, I crawled out of my sleeping bag at the friend’s house I was staying at, and stumble groggily across the hall to use the bathroom. As I looked in the mirror, I wondered, “What is that thing on my face?” And then it all came back to me.

(another little known fact – because of my extremely weird vision – nearsighted in one eye and far sighted in the other – a lazy eye and astigmatism – I can see my nose at all times in the corner of my line of vision. I can now see a tiny sparkling object in my nose at all times – thus making the nose piercing the perfect constant reminder of the redemption and healing of Jesus that I’ve received).

There’s a weird atmosphere going on in the building again today. Apparently an important meeting over the weekend went poorly, lots of airing of old grudges, lots of infighting. I heard the description and thought “This is why Christians have a bad reputation. Two perfectly respectable organizations, founded on Biblical principles, doing good works both here and abroad, and there is ridiculous infighting and bearing of grudges.” There’s a lot of hurt and anger in the air today. I’m glad I wasn’t at the meeting. It’s hard to bear just the results.

A good friend is moving back to Calgary. I’m glad. Tea dates are much easier to have when you live in the same province and city.

Plans are taking shape for at least a month abroad early in the new year.

U2 is playing because I once again feel as if I’m fighting through something. U2 makes me feel as if I might just make it to the other side of the fight.

I need to get back to a routine of stretching, breathing, lighting candles and incense and slowing down.

I need to sit with a journal and sort out some thoughts, feelings, prayers from the weekend.

I need to go to the store where I purchased my camera last week and get the price adjusted.

I need to arrange a phone call with a dear friend sometime this week.

I need to sit with my budget, and figure out how long exactly I can afford to spend abroad in the new year while still covering the rent at my home here.

I need to do some prep work for hosting 24 hours of prayer in my living room this coming weekend.

I need to remember to breathe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Euthanasia...Well since God is the giver of life and is completely sovereign over all of life's events, I would say God should be is in charge of when someone's life should end and be the only one to initiate the how and what and when and where of death. I also feel this is the case for the topic of suicide. Many people would say that someone who committs suicide or asks for another to end their life for them, does not go to heaven. I believe otherwise. If the person committing suicide or asking for euthanasia calls upon the name of Jesus and recognizes Him as Saviour, they go to heaven like any other believer committing any other sin. In other words, I believe that salvation is irrevocable once it is received, no matter what sin is committed afterwards.

Anonymous said...

oops, meant to add that comment to the other post from today...